1) It’s a good sized car. When you add passenger space and cargo space, it’s about the size of a Hyundai Tucson (small SUV) or Dodge Caliber wagon).
2) It’s competitively priced. About the same as a similarly equipped Camry. The base Prius is very well equipped.
3) Tremendous gas mileage. Real world gas mileage averages about 49 MPG according to. You get about the same mileage in city as well as highway.
4) It’s very reliable. JD Powers rates it as the most reliable small car sold in America in 2012.
5) The Toyota Synergy hybrid system is unique in that the hybrid system essentially replaces the transmission.